What is an effective marketing strategy for a new agent?

Hi Everyone,

Marketing is very important for a new agent. What did you do at your first year? Did you do direct mailings, door knocking or cold calling. I've been building my network recently by talking to everyone I know that I'm an agent and joining a lot of investors' club(My goal is to become an investor eventually). I haven't done any direct mails or cold calling. I'm also working on my own website. My office manager told me to advertise on social media and she doesn't recommend a paid advertisement online or on the newspaper. My budget is tight as a new agent. Would love to hear any suggestions. Thank you. 

Comments

• I think you are on the right track Spend money on people you already know.  Have parties, take people to lunch, show them you care and remind them you are a realtor at the same time. You don't need to sell hard. Just keep in touch as much as possible.  Facebook would be a great place to build your pressence. 
    Creator of Invest Four More
    If you want more help with your investing, check out http://investfourmore.com/blueprint-for-successful-real-estate-investing/

• I think Facebook is awesome. It is cheap and works in a couple ways. When you advertise with them it promotes you and your add and people also like your page and the more likes the better. 
    Creator of Invest Four More
    If you want more help with your investing, check out http://investfourmore.com/blueprint-for-successful-real-estate-investing/

• We have a good few clients that are new to the whole thing.

Most of our guys start out spending their time on the cold calls, door knocking etc, which is great to get the first couple of deals, but I would for sure do more in the online space after that. 
    For our clients, it's easy to see a shift on when they start getting regular leads from their online presence, it changes their business big time and the sooner you can afford to invest in that, the better. 

2 things I would recommend:
    1. Create partnerships with non competitive companies, Investors and the like. A lot of investors get a lot of offers, sometimes it might not be for them, so they potentially have leads they don't need.
    2. The likes of facebook ads can be a powerful investment when you have a web presence, just be sure you have a straight forward way to convert visitors into leads. 
    The great thing about online Pay Per Click advertisement is that you can see a quite clear ROI from it, as everything can be tracked. 

Kind Regards
    Mads Singers

Operations Director - Real Estate VA 2 Hire
    Web: realestateva2hire.com
    Email: [email protected]