My 2015 goals

1. Buy 2 rental properties

2. Build cabin on my hunting property

3. go on 3 more vacations this year

Comments

• Nice! I like the vacation goals. WHere do you usually go?
    Creator of Invest Four More
    If you want more help with your investing, check out http://investfourmore.com/blueprint-for-successful-real-estate-investing/

• 1. Buy 1 rental property, two if the deal is good.
    2. Try to spend more time with family
    3. Go on 2 cruises , one road trip
    4. 1/3 of the way to retirement
  • Nice! I like the vacation goals. WHere do you usually go?

Mark,

I like island vacation or cruises that visit islands, call
    it my inner pirate trying to get out. Last year I spent 5 wonderful weeks in
    the Azores. The Azores... yes the whale watching capital of the world. They are
    not tropical islands but the weather is very mild and there is a fair amount of
    sunny days. We love the Cayman Islands and would go there every vacation but
    that would get old so we like to mix it up and go to different places.

We already did one vacation this year to our honeymoon Bed
    & Breakfast, it was great to get out and unplug from the world for a week.  On the schedule this year is Las Vegas (my wife
    has never been there).   Vieques, Puerto Rico is number three on the list
    and if my wife has enough days left we are going to end with a 7 day western Caribbean
    cruise.

I’m already planning 2016, one is going to be a river cruise
    and number two is a train ride across the country… wish us luck those trains
    are always crashing. LOL

“Work to live not live to work”

Paul

• docinvest said:

1. Buy 1 rental property, two if the deal is good.
    2. Try to spend more time with family
    3. Go on 2 cruises , one road trip
    4. 1/3 of the way to retirement

Hi Doc,

I love your goals especially spend more time with family…
    every minute is a gift. I spent years deployed overseas away from my family. If
    I could change one thing in my life it would have been more time with my family.

“You can always buy more stuff or make more money but you
    can never replace time”

Paul

• Very cool. We had our honeymoon in St Martin after visiting there on a cruise. IN march we are going to Turks and Caicos. 
    If you want more help with your investing, check out http://investfourmore.com/blueprint-for-successful-real-estate-investing/

• Very cool. We had our honeymoon in St Martin after visiting there on a cruise. IN march we are going to Turks and Caicos. 

• I haven’t been to Turks and Caicos yet but they are on my long
    list maybe in 2017. Our honeymoon B&B is in a small town in Texas. My
    military unit was deploying to Iraq so I could not leave the country for a
    honeymoon but it was fantastic anyway. Hope you enjoy your trip… it’s snowing
    here in Texas today and I wish I was on an island somewhere. LOL  

• Hi Paul,
    It's hard balancing everything right now since I am in my 40's and supposed to be in my prime working years. I have such a busy work schedule as a doctor and doing this with my few hours of sleep I have. However, I enjoy it
    a lot and find it rewarding buying, fixing and collecting rent. Family is very important like you said and health.
    Doc
  • docinvest said:

Hi Paul,
    It's hard balancing everything right now since I am in my 40's and supposed to be in my prime working years. I have such a busy work schedule as a doctor and doing this with my few hours of sleep I have. However, I enjoy it
    a lot and find it rewarding buying, fixing and collecting rent. Family is very important like you said and health.
    Doc

What kind of doctor are you? My sister is in a similar boat, although she is not a medical doctor she had a pHD in physics. I keep telling her to take more time for herself, but she spends all her time teaching and working on physics projects. She still has 7 rentals and that is her retirmenet plant. 

• Medical Doctor
  • Thought I would update this post... it's been a couple of years. LOL

Bought a new house in the best neighborhood in my city. Was a quick sell for 43k under market value. Score!!!

Turned my old house into a rental. Score!!!

Sold my hunting property, bought another rental house. Score!!!

Traded the 2014 Corvette Stingray for my Italian Goddess (Alfa Romeo 4C). Score!!!

Bought my wife a 2016 Corvette Stingray Convertible. Score!!!

Working on my next rental property deal. Hope to add 2 more this year.

Going to Austria and Bahamas for vacation this year.

Everyday I get asked how I can afford 2 sports car's and live in the best subdivision in town. Simple answer rental property.

If I can do it anyone can! Score!!!
  • Nice!!!