Looking to begin Fix and Flip investing

Hello Mark (and friends),

Just stumbled on your website and I'm glad I did. I'm a 62 year old living in San Diego area and I'm very interested in fixing and flipping homes. I used to be a commercial carpenter and I have done a lot of my own remodel work on several houses I have owned. I actually supervised the construction of my home in Minnesota before moving to San Diego. So, I have considerable knowledge of housing construction. 

Now at 62, my wife and I are looking to change careers (kind of late I know!). We want more flexibility with our time and we desire to be closer to our children and grandchildren. We have always talked about flipping homes that need fixing. But we were comfortable working for someone else. But the desire to be close to family is motivating us to take the plunge and work for ourselves. We are not ready to retire yet, so we would like to generate enough income that will allow us to live comfortably for the rest of our lives. I think flipping fixers can do this for us if we are careful.

Thanks Mark,
Steve Lamm

Comments